Fall Fatball Recipe
With the chilly weather finally making its appearance it feels like fall has officially arrived! This means its PUMPKIN SEASON!
I was inspired by Lee From America and decided it was time to mix up my own FatBall recipe inspired by Pumpkin Pie! It is SOOOOO delicious and even better topped with Coconut Cult Yogurt and fresh pomegranate seeds.
These little balls of delight are filled with healthy fats, yummy spices, nuts, seeds, and (my favorite) COCONUT!
I have enjoyed these little delights for years and am so excited to share them with you!
FALL FATBALL RECIPE
· ½ cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
· ¾ cup unsweetened coconut shreds
· ½ cup toasted coconut flakes
· 3 pitted dates
· ½ cup raw almonds
· ½ cup raw pecans
· 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
· 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
· 1 TBS flax seeds
· 1” peeled ginger (lightly smashed and heated on stove)
· 1 TBS pumpkin pie spice
· 1 tsp cinnamon
· ½ tsp nutmeg
· 1 pinch black pepper
· 1 pinch of salt
· 1 tsp cardamom
· ½ cup raw coconut butter
· 2 TBS almond milk (or milk of your choice)
1. Peel and smash 1” of fresh ginger and lightly heat on the stove*
2. Lightly toast coconut flakes in small saucepan over medium heat, until golden brown (about 3-7 minutes).
3. Combine all dry ingredients in a food processor (so everything except for the coconut butter and almond milk).
4. Process the dry ingredients for 1-3 minutes until you form a nutty dough (should be a little crumbly but still hold together)
5. Add coconut oil and almond milk.
6. Process all together until well blended (2-5 minutes)**
7. Roll into small balls and place on wax paper.
8. Put into the freezer for 1-3 hours until hard.
9. Store in an airtight container and eat, as you like! J
Tips & Tricks
*smashing the ginger & lightly heating it releases its natural oils and makes for a stronger and more delicious flavor.
**I like to stop blending every so often and use a spatula to push the ingredients down closer to the blade. If you like more chunks of nuts in your balls (HAHAHAHA) process for less time.